About MGS

Welcome to the MGS Headteachers's Blog.



Tuesday 30 June 2020

Tuesday 30 June 2020


I cannot believe we are at the end of June and now in Week 12 of school lockdown.  We now have three more weeks before the end of the academic year and there is still plenty to do.  We are still delivering a variety of different subject related sessions to students from years 10 and 12 as well as making the necessary plans for fully reopening in September.  On this second point, yesterday I recorded myself deliver a presentation that will be sent out to students and parents in the next couple of days illustrating our plans.  More information about September was released in the press last night ahead of the Government’s announcement on Thursday.  We still have a long road ahead!

This week, I had the pleasure of meeting the six students who have been selected to lead the three sections within the CCF and the 18 students who have been selected to be next year’s Senior Prefect Team.  We are having to do things differently though.  I would normally gather the students in my office to congratulate them but this year I am speaking to them via Microsoft Teams.  Year 12 is a really good year, and so I am looking forward to working with these students who will now lead the student body.  The task ahead will be a challenge; the first part of their job being to establish how they are going to lead by example from a distance.  They are already full of ideas though.