About MGS

Welcome to the MGS Headteachers's Blog.



Thursday 21 May 2020

Tuesday 21 May 2020


Firstly, I wish to apologise for the delay in publishing my weekly blog.  With the circumstances that we are in I have had my attention elsewhere!  I am sure you will understand.  My focus over the last week has been to digest the guidance I have been receiving in order to prepare for a potential reopening in June.  There is a lot to consider, but we are working hard to ensure we are prepared to welcome students and staff back, and that we get it right.  More details will be shared in due course.

This week marks a significant milestone in the current lockdown.  The school has been closed for longer than a normal summer holiday period.  I have never experienced schools being closed for this length of time – I have even gone eight weeks without wearing a shirt and tie!  Sadly, we are going to be closed, for the majority of the students, for much longer, but I am so pleased to know that the Maidstonians out there are progressing with their studies and that spirits remain high.  We will be together again one day soon.

Yesterday I attended the first ever virtual Old Maidstonian Committee meeting.  The Committee meets every three months, but sadly due to the current situation they had to do it via Zoom.  In the Society’s 136-year history who would have thought its Committee members would meet in this way.  It went surprisingly well!