About MGS

Welcome to the MGS Headteachers's Blog.



Tuesday 12 May 2020

Tuesday 12 May 2020


Welcome to the sixth week of school lockdown.  I hope you are all still keeping well and remaining safe.  Following the Prime Minister’s announcement at the weekend we now know that years 10 and 12 may possibly return to school before the end of the academic year, but other year groups it is unlikely that we will see them until September.  We now have something to work towards, and so we will be making plans accordingly.  I will keep you updated.

The archaeological work on the field is now complete.  One digger and two archaeologists were on site for three days last week looking at what is underneath the surface of the field.  We await their report before we can begin the all-weather pitch project.

For any Old Maidstonians out there, you will be pleased to hear that I have been in contact with former school captains and school vice-captains during my tenure as headmaster.  Over the last few weeks I have enjoyed catching up with as many of them as possible.  It is lovely to find out how they are all getting on and what they are doing.  I have still a few more to contact.